- €21.01/Kg VAT included
- 6 months.
- Denominación de Origen Protegida Manchego.
- El Jarón.
Raw sheep's milk.
Artisanal cheese made with raw milk from sheep of the Manchego breed of La Mancha, reared in natural pastures and forests in the district of Campo de Montiel, fed also with grain grown by the breeders themselves, without additives of any kind.
After milking, curdling and pressing, the cheeses are kept in places with appropriate moisture conditions to eliminate excess water. Then they are transferred to cold chambers with controlled temperature and humidity, where they age for six months.
Throughout this time, virgin olive oil is spread over the natural rind, which gives it its characteristic ochre color.
- Taste note
- Outer appearance: Cylindrical with flattened sides. Hard, ochre-colored rind.
- Inner appearance: Ivory white to golden color, depending on aging time. Small holes scattered throughout the cheese.
- Texture: Firm, compact and slightly stretchy.
- Taste and aroma: Mild, persistent flavor with a slight tang, which enhances it and makes it more intense. It is low in salt, and its buttery, slightly acid aroma are reminiscent of sheep's milk.
- Food pairing
Robust wines, like crianza and reserve reds.
- Storing and enjoying your cheese
We recommend eating the cheese within 12 months after you receive it.
Tips for savoring all the aroma and flavor of this cheese:
- Keep it in a cool, dry place between 2º and 8º C (you can use the lower part of your refrigerator).
- Serve it at room temperature.
- After cutting the cheese, store it immediately in the refrigerator in a hermetically sealed plastic container along with a piece of dry bread. The bread will absorb moisture and protect the cheese from mold and excessive drying. Replace the bread when it is covered with mold.
- Nutritional information
Manchego cheese is a very complete food. It has more protein (30% minimum) than most meat and is rich in calcium and vitamins A, D and E. The minimum fat content is 50%.
- Expiry date
Minimum 2 months after delivery.